I thought that this time I would bring you 6 commonly mispronounced words that are food words! Always handy especially if you go out to eat.
1) Salmon – the /l/ is silent and it is pronounced
sæ mən (sa muhn )
2) Buffet- It isn’t buff -et, it is buff ay
3) Espresso- it’s not expresso, it’s espres soʊ (espresoe)
4) Herb- pronounced hɜ:b – (herb) (British and Australian); ɝːb (erb) (American)
5) Vegetable- it isn’t veg e table, it’s vedʒ tə bəl
(vej tuh buhl)
6) Mayonnaise- it’s not man naise, it’s meɪ jə neɪz
(may uh nayz)
There are obviously many more but these 6 commonly mispronounced words relating to food are a start. If you would like to look at more commonly mispronounced words have a look here :
Best wishes with your practising and leave me a comment below. I personally don’t like coffee, espresso or otherwise. Do you?